You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
This group works with technology and business partners across business functions/processes to ensure alignment, understanding and ongoing communication on information security controls and regulatory/compliance requirements.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team member of a product engineering, support or delivery and integration team, reporting to an Engineering Director.
Purpose of the Role:
Design, development, troubleshooting, support and debugging of IAM software development, using Microservice Architecture.
Ensure highest level of information security by designing processes that effectively protect the enterprise, corporate intellectual capital and other sensitive data.
- Implementation and operation of IAM software solution development using Microservice Architecture
- Analyzes requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Performs technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on design, and development of systems
- Functions as a development member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices
- Individual contributor working on writing code, support and testing
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Performs unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly tests
- Conducts code reviews and builds test cases
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability Scope of Impact/Influence
- Ensures Engineers adhere to SDLC standards
- Ensures timely completion and quality of all documentation and deliverables produced by engineering team
- Delivers a quality product that meets the defined Acceptance Criteria.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Determine security technology or other solutions that align with business strategies
• Make strategic recommendations on the implementation of improved processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance matters
• Ensure compliance with standards and regulations and industry norms
• Define and implement optimal automated solutions
• Contribution in specification, design and implementation of large systems
• Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks
• Takes technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process
• Takes part in reviews of own work and contributes in reviews of colleagues' work.
• 3-8 years of Information Technology Software development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other equivalent
• Skilled in the delivery methodology used by the team (Automation, Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.)
• Integrates software and hardware sub-systems in new systems, upgrades, enhancements and conversions.
• Agile Practices
• Programming Languages and Frameworks
• Programming/Software Development
• SDLC Methodologies and Practices
• System/Platform Domain Knowledge
• Systems Design
• Systems Integration
• Testing Functional
• Application Support
• Requirements Gathering and Definition Leadership
• Adaptive Communication
• Analytical Thinking
• Business Product Knowledge
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• Problem Solving
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Continuous Improvement
• Learning Agility
• Open Communication
• Technology Industry Trends Performance Amplifiers
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Configures software and equipment and tests platform specific versions of one or more software products
Enterprise Leadership Behaviours
Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 10:19:12 PM