You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
It’s more than protecting systems and data.
Our Information Security Managers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
You won’t just see the problem coming, you’ll see the solution.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
The Information Security Analyst qualifications are:
- 2+ years proven experience using networking, computer security infrastructure, automation tools, firewalls, systems administration and troubleshooting tools such as WireShark, Thousand Eyes, ADSM, Spectrum, Splunk, and PRTG
- 2+ years of college, for instance an Associates or partial Bachelors degree, with a preference for Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Networking Technologies, or similar technical degree
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to end users, when needed
- Ability to write engaging presentations and present complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences including other engineers, management, and helpdesk
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines (work under pressure with a positive attitude, be flexible, and prioritize tasks)
- Ability to work-from-home collaboratively as a member of a team
- Experience working within an Agile framework is a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 5:43:51 PM