“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The American Express One Identity team is responsible for driving the strategy and implementation of the global Identity management platform across all of American Express applications, APIs, and touch points with both consumers and business users (merchants and corporate users).
You will be a part of an exciting team that will drive transformation around how American Express Digital Customers identify, authenticate and access Amex digital platforms using innovative authentication and authorization mechanisms.
What you will do:
- Lead scrum team of software engineers in partnership with project managers to build next generation of identity and access management platform for Amex customers
- You are the interface to product owners to break down complex initiatives into achievable goals using an agile development process
- You will mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers to mold them into to next generation leaders
- Responsible for end to end delivery of features including production escalations
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams to drive technical solutions
- Hands on Engineer with strong experience in building mission critical enterprise systems
- Drive strong engineering culture
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Who you are:
- You have at least 2+ years of experience leading a scrum team using agile methodologies for software delivery
- You have excellent technical and communication skills to clearly articulate and present solutions to complex problems
- You have at least 10+ years of hands on software development experience using Java or similar programming language
- You are an expert in building, testing, maintaining and debugging highly scalable and highly available production systems
- You have broad experience building APIs & micro-services using techniques like REST, RPC (gRPC and similar), Functions (AWS Lambda)
- Have ability to conceptualize and design enterprise-grade APIs using asynchronous I/O and reactive paradigms like Node.js, Akka or Vertx, Golang and Rust for native systems
- Understanding of identity authentication and authorization principles using JWT (Json web tokens), OAuth, OIDC etc
- You take pride in minimizing tech-debt, attention to detail and building strong engineering culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Good to have:
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Identity & Access Management principles, federation solutions using SAML, OAuth/OIDC
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2021, 3:16:22 PM