Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Mentor other engineers
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 10+ years of technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of growing responsibility
- Must have Hands on coding experience
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- Must have one of the following certification: PMI Agile Certification, SAfe certification, Scrum Master
- Having a marketing background or experience working with marketing is plus
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and update proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
At the core of Software Engineering every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Java 8 & above, J2EE, REST APIs, SQL
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- DevOPs and test-driven development
- Concepts of Oracle, NoSql
- Source Control
- Jenkins, Maven, XLR, JMeter
- Knowledge of Containerization concepts, Orchestration concepts
- Familiar with Open Source technologies
- Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
- Agile Methodologies
- Software development
- Designing High Availability applications
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 12:45:29 AM