You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Applications design and development
We’re looking for Engineers responsible for design, develop, and integrate observability tools. Candidate is responsible to provide consultation and strategic recommendations to develop machine learning capabilities and automation initiatives.Manage Your Card Account SRE is a continuous engineering discipline that effectively combines software development and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This role will ensure that American Express internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users’ needs. We also ensure a continuous improvement, while keeping an ever-watchful eye, automated, on capacity and performance.This role will drive the DevOps mindset which strives to use software engineering to build and run better production systems. You will write software to optimize day to day work through better automation, monitoring, alerting, testing and deployment. You’ll be expected to work with several Technology partners to identify areas of opportunity within the availability platform and build a solution to automate monitoring solutions for the next generation platform, technology and constant innovations to drive efficiencies. You will be responsible for implementing Distributed tracing, monitoring, tooling solutions to maximize the performance and availability of our Web and Mobile applications.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the best Technology units to help improve customer experience for American Express digital assets and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent 6-8 years of work experience in design and development of Java/J2EE, Python, and REACT JS applications
- Conceptualize and implement Machine Learning driven Site Reliability Engineering Framework/Components to improve predictive monitoring and driving SRE team’s journey towards “Robotics First” approach
- Research latest technology, concepts, conceptualize solution and develop proof of concept that will improve resiliency and performance of the applications
- Design and implement innovative solution/framework that will improve software engineering velocity, infrastructure resiliency and security, and data availability
- Develop common framework components (to be leveraged by enterprise applications), define standards for configuration, monitoring, reliability and performance engineering
- Hands on experience with performance testing framework design, tuning Java applications
- Experience in developing applications for cloud platforms – on premise or external cloud systems
- Hands on experience with frameworks - Spring Boot, Vertx, NodeJS etc.
- Experience with building Rest APIs, API Integration, and Web Services is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals and experience managing Linux systems in high traffic environments.
- Exposure to databases such as IBM DB2, Couchbase, Cassandra, Mongo, Redis etc.
- Certificate Management automation - Message signing, SSL, etc.
- Exposure to enterprise platform migration from dedicated to cloud environment is preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well in a diverse team-focused environment
- Experience with Splunk and/or ELK
- Familiarity with financial services and authorizations systems
- Good understanding of Agile Practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 11:38:12 PM