“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just build software, you'll impact lives daily.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re passionate about crafting breakthrough applications and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
- Big Data Platform experience
- Deep understanding of data model design.
- Strong working knowledge of hive, spark, shell scripting, java.
- Experience with developing an Organized Data Layer, familiarity with Enterprise Salesforce ODL preferred.
- Experience with Cornerstone frameworks and process, event engine, ingestion, use case setup and management
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, the Enterprise Platform team was established in 2018 to reimagine the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams build solutions by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K+ Sales, CRM, and Marketers around the world. This role will specialize in creating the self-service UIs that will remove human error and increase adoption for our platform
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
BS degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
4+ years of experience on an agile development team
• Strong debugging skills
• Big Data Platform experience
• Deep understanding of data model design.
• Strong working knowledge of hive, spark, shell scripting, java.
Experience with developing an Organized Data Layer, familiarity with Enterprise Salesforce ODL preferred.
• Experience with Cornerstone frameworks and process, event engine, ingestion, use case setup and management
• Learn new technologies and drive opportunities for adoption
• 4+ years of experience in software engineering and data related services.
•. 4+ years practical agile experience.
•. Experience managing design, implementation and architecture governance within a large corporate environment.
•. 2+ years experience leading a geographically dispersed team of data engineers on a enterprise class platform
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience. Preferred degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
Experience coding solutions to satisfy user stories provided by product owners
Able to colaborate and communicate with other engineers and leadership
Knowledge of Platforms:
Enterprise Cloud Platform
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 11:46:04 AM