You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Network Strategy & Operations
The American Express Network enables over $1.2 Trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. Network Solutions and Operations (NSO) operates the American Express Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers, and launching a new Network in China. The NSO team is also driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network creating innovative products, services, and capabilities that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
The Network Product Development Team is a critical part of the NSO organization, and is accountable for leading the strategy, design, development, and ongoing management of Network products, services, and capabilities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, strategic thinker with a passion for emerging payment technologies to join our team. In this role as a Manager/Sr. Manager of Product Development this individual will lead the creation and execution of a touchless payments strategy addressing the current and expected future demands of the payments industry. This individual will collaborate with partner teams across American Express to understand the business needs and pain points; conduct competitive research and have an informed view of industry insights to develop an aligned strategy and develop the roadmap to bring the vision to life. You will collaborate internally with stakeholders in technology, certification, policy and externally with key vendor partners to deliver the strategy. This is a unique opportunity to lead a critical cross product strategy and demonstrate your ability to be innovative in an emerging payments space.
The Manager of Product Development & Management in the Proximity Payment Team will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis to develop insights that will allow for the identification of new products, features, and services to drive growth for American Express and our Network Partners.
- Monitor relevant industry trends, competitive landscape, digital trends, and market regulations to develop the right strategy to achieve business objectives.
- Deliver go to market strategy including the operationalization plans, the commercialization strategy, articulation of the value proposition, and ongoing metrics to measure benefits realized.
- Collaborate with Product owners to align on product roadmap including new product features, enhanced services, updates to specifications, as required to deliver on the overarching strategy.
- Engage internal business unit leaders and partners to understand customer needs and pain points, flesh out use case details, collaborate on new product concepts, and present implementable solutions to gain alignment on product strategy.
- Define capabilities for new payment products and services, identify/prioritize use cases, and design “minimum viable product” features and user stories to ensure a focus on delivering maximum value.
- Lead development collaborating with Technology, Operations, Policy, Legal, Compliance, etc. to deliver the flawless execution on time and within budget.
Why American Express?
We provide opportunities to develop your leadership and grow your career. We're also proud of our inclusive culture centered around learning and collaboration, which enables our colleagues to develop and thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Skills / Experience:
- Passion for payments and fintech. You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry developments across the technological and regulatory landscape (e.g., faster payments, biometrics, etc.).
- Strategic thinker. You have experience developing strategy, are intellectually curious and have superb problem-solving and analytical skills to help us stay at the forefront of innovation.
- Excellent project manager. You have superior organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to autonomously manage several objectives in parallel and drive results in a fast-paced, multi-partner environment.
- Effective communicator and influencer: Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders and mobilize and lead cross-functional teams.
- Collaborative team player. Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity, white space, and quickly-evolving priorities.
- Office proficiency. You are fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Relevant experience. You have minimum 3 years of consulting, strategy and/or program management experience. MBA preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 4:59:19 PM