You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise focused on delivering the next generation data engineering solutions. The team will be responsible for experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging and processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized card member experience and to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insights and new perspectives are at the core of how we create more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units.
Purpose of the Role:
Be part of Marketing Technology and Insights Organization that leads the delivery of marketing capabilities, products and customer value streams within American Express.
This position works closely with Enterprise Digital & Analytics business to deliver insights that will drive digital adoption and increased experimentation to refine and perfect customer journeys across all our digital channels and will also drive the transformation supporting the Enterprise Customer Marketing Performance Insights
- To build the backend logic for aggregating the data required for the dashboard.
- To provide technical solution design to meet business requirements.
- To collaborate with business partners to gather the requirements, suggest on architecture and visualization wireframe and build Dashboards.
- To work with project teams in technical issue resolution in line with company and platform standards.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Identify and adopt new technologies to enhance user experience and predict future challenges
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Personalized user experience
Design and deliver innovative tableau visualizations across multiple business units
Adaptive to learn new technologies be it BI tools, Bigdata or real time data analysis to enhance user experience and predict future challenges
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- 2-4 Years of relevant Work experience in Big data technologies ( Hive, Spark, Java, Python , Scala) BI Advanced Visualization using Tableau/Splunk/D3 and a medium working knowledge of SQL queries.
- Engineering Graduate Or Equivalent
- Expertise in Big Data technologies like Hive, Map Reduce, Spark, Java, Scala, Python
- Code Review and Technical discussion with the team on best solutions possible.
- Suggest and Recommend Solution Architecture to business problems
- Suggest and Recommend the wireframes of the dashboards.
- Knowledge or POCs on other visualization tools like Zeppelin, Qlikview, Kibana is good to have.
- Strong knowledge of Big Data Technologies ( Hive, Spark , Java, Scala , Python etc, BI –Tableau
- Experience in Shell Scripting
- Advanced Visualization Splunk, D3
- Some experience in Real Time Visualization is preferable
- Good knowledge about the configuration management tools like Github.
- Understanding of various SDLC methodologies particularly Agile and tools such as Confluence, Rally / Jira .
Enterprise Leadership Behaviours
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 10:25:45 PM