American Express Investor Relations acts as a liaison between the Company and the financial community. The group’s mission is to maximize the fair valuation of American Express Company, and its access to the capital markets, by effectively providing the investment community with information about the Company's strategies, objectives and performance, and by enhancing Company management's understanding of the investment community's views and industry peer performance.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Investor Relations function for AXP. The Senior Financial Analyst should be a dynamic individual who can communicate effectively with business and finance partners, support key financial and business processes, deliver superior analytics and manage complex tasks in a global organization. This is a unique opportunity to interact with the external investment community and senior management while supporting the Investor Relations team’s efforts to provide the financial community with insight into the Company’s strategies, objectives and performance.
- Support the IR team with external meetings with the financial community, including taking comprehensive notes, researching answers to investor questions, and liaising on logistics.
- Manage quarterly earnings processes and analyses including data collection, sell-side analyst preview/reaction tracking, consensus updates and ad-hoc analyses to support the earnings presentation and Q&A prep.
- Track, analyze and report on the AXP’s investor base, including ownership data and meeting activity.
- Support the analyses associated with key IR deliverables for internal workstreams, senior management meetings and board presentations.
- Assist with the management of third-party vendors, including facilitating updates to the IR website, contract management and invoicing, and OPEX budgeting.
- Support compliance requirements related to Third Party Life Cycle Management and Operational Risk Controls testing/PRSAs.
- Develop an external perspective by reviewing analyst research and staying apprised of the competitive environment.
- Build relationships with key constitutions across the company, including Corporate Planning and Analysis team, General Counsel’s Office, External Reporting, and Corporate Communications.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field required. Minimum of 2-3 years of working experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and assimilate large quantities of information.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, listening) skills; ability to collaborate with cross-functional business partners across the organization.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with a deep understanding of card economics preferred
- Ability to research various topics with intellectual curiosity. Financial knowledge of the Company and familiarity with the competitive and economic dynamics of the businesses.
- Strong Power Point and Excel knowledge. Knowledge of Bloomberg and TM1 a plus.
- Proactive in anticipating needs of stakeholders and responsive to requests in a timely, efficient manner. Proven experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Location(s): New York, NY
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2021, 1:15:48 PM