You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day– from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service. Find your place in service on #TeamAmex.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Provide direct support and leadership for handling significant regulatory issues including Central Bank, Insurance and FX regulations.
- Take a primary role in all consumer related issues, including Central Bank regulations, claims filed before consumer agencies and litigation
- Manage Corporate books and all Corporate Governance issues
- Manage all litigation matters including management of Litigation Committee, Reserves and coordination and supervision of external firms
- -Monitor all regulatory developments, coordinate efforts with Gov. Affairs to influence regulators, analyze new regulations and their impact on American Express. Coordinate efforts with Compliance and the BUs and staff areas involved to implement them.
- -Draft and negotiate agreements of different kind
- -Provide support to all BUs and staff areas with business projects of different kind
- -Implement and help improve standard GCO operating procedures and delivery of legal services.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited law school.
- English proficiency.
- Qualified to practice law in Argentina.
- At least 4 years commercial law practice in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to independently manage and prioritize competing demands and multiple issues, while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and ability to develop and implement creative and practical solutions to complex business and regulatory issues affecting the organization.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Tiempo completo
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2021, 11:37:50 AM