You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
This opportunity would suit a full stack developer who is equally comfortable with front-end and back-end software engineering. You will need to have proven development experience and a passion for modern technology and creative solutions. You will also need to demonstrate an ability to challenge the status quo and have an enthusiasm to constantly learn, improve and find new ways of working.
The successful applicant will join the Supplier Payments Insights and Capabilities team, a dynamic, talented and creative team of engineers who consistently deliver innovative solutions that drive significant growth through payment data insights. The team operates in a fully agile model and has a dedicated Product Owner.
- Accountability for the delivery of quality code that is fully tested and scalable
- Work with Product Owners to define requirements for new features and plan increments of work
- Drive automation and ensure automated test scripts are completed for new features in partnership with QA Engineers
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's
- Design and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Senior Engineers, Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies
- Collaborate with engineering teams: find opportunities to educate and learn from other mobile & web engineering teams
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Knowledge of Junit (Mockito or Powermock)
- Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Experience in Agile techniques
- Good communication skills - able to explain technical concepts to designers, product managers and business partners in ways that are meaningful to them
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience with Jenkins, Git and Maven
- Knowledge of Spring frameworks and eco-system; Spring dependency injection and Spring Boot
- Experience with RESTful API and micro services design
- Additional front-end web development skills such as HTML5, AJAX, CSS
- Knowledge of XML, Webdriver, Hibernate, NO-SQL Databases, KAFKA
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 2:20:26 PM