The SEC Reporting team prepares external quarterly and annual financial reports for American Express Company and certain US GAAP subsidiaries. In particular we prepare the Company’s SEC filings, including the Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, and Form 11-K and play an active role ensuring the accuracy of all financial information disclosed externally. We perform independent processes to prepare, review and analyze financial information with a key focus on control and compliance. We work extensively with our own market financial controllers, subject matter experts, consolidations, General Counsel’s Office and external auditors. The team is committed to talent development, work / life balance, and timely recognition of team members.
- Rollforward and assisting with preparation of components of the Company's SEC documents, including face financials, MD&A and certain footnotes
- Support preparation of Company's Retirement Plan and Retirement Savings Plan financial statements
- Assisting with preparation and review of XBRL reporting
- Own and perform certain quarterly processes that support our 10-Q/K disclosures.
- Coordinate with internal subject matter experts throughout the reporting cycle.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and coordinate required documentation
- Support various projects aimed at process improvement and efficiency
- 2-3 years professional experience of U.S. GAAP accounting and/or reporting - prior SEC reporting and/or public accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Strong technical/system skills, experience with Oracle Essbase/HFR a plus
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Undergraduate in accounting/finance, CPA a plus
Location(s): New York, NY
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 11:02:05 AM