“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The Technology Transformation team is a newly formed team responsible for advancing our Technology Strategy by Accelerating with the Best Operating Model. We are looking for a Program Manager to partner closely with senior leaders and their teams to lead initiatives that define new ways of working and improve the people, tools, and processes that improve our collective ability to achieve the company’s business objectives.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized with exceptional communication/storytelling skills and a bias towards action. You show up with passion, are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will:
- Contribute towards strategy and future state designs by understanding current and potential operating models.
- Develop recommendations by connecting the dots between seemingly disparate conversations, workstreams, and data, and synthesizing feedback.
- Create intuitive and high-quality communications for senior executives, including strategic materials and program updates.
- Drive delivery by creating and maintaining a comprehensive view of the end to end program plan, and identifying and managing cross-workstream dependencies.
- Collaborate effectively and build key relationships with stakeholder teams to identify and manage milestones and overall plan.
- Promote awareness and transparency by keeping stakeholders informed of key decisions and relevant milestones and serving as point of contact for latest program status.
- Plan and lead effective meetings within and across workstreams to determine recommendations and next steps.
- Support development of change management initiatives, implementation strategy, and enabling tools/processes.
- 7+ years Program Management experience.
- 3+ years leading complex strategic or transformation initiatives in a large Technology organization such as org. effectiveness or process re-engineering.
- Ability to execute and maintain high performance under tight timelines.
- Superb written and verbal communication; advanced or expert PowerPoint and visual presentation skills.
- People skills with team members of all levels.
- Working knowledge of Software Development processes and Agile methodologies; experience with modern approaches preferred.
- Financial modeling/analysis and should be able to connect strategy to Financial results.
- Bachelor’s degree: MBA or Advanced Degree preferred.
- Technology strategy or management consulting experience a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 12:48:19 PM