You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, and members only perks, we are re-imagining how payments and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
To deliver on a more connected payments and banking experience, American Express is seeking a dynamic digital product leader to help craft and deliver an exciting vision enabling Digital Banking Shared Services focusing the Service layer APIs needed across Acquisition and Membership experience needs. You will have the opportunity to learn new things while making a direct contribution to the success of our company.
You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making and for digital innovation. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment. You will learn how to build product with product mindset and customer centricity. You will do product discovery and design sprints.
We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and has an entrepreneurial mindset and a maniacal focus on driving results.
Does this sound like you?
- Provide support for and/or lead core development projects for Banking and Personal saving shared services
- Help in gathering requirements with our business, risk and compliance partners
- Assist in defining back end services required for banking and savings accounts
- Assist in post-launch analysis for the team’s core product releases, testing, and ongoing product optimization
- Conduct ongoing assessments of online applications to determine how applications can be optimized
- Creation of user stories and acceptance requirements
- Key Contributor to the Banking Services Tier within the digital banking portfolio, including Service layer APIs, Logging Framework, and other Acquisition or Membership banking capability needs
- Travel ~5%
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- At least 2 years of digital product development experience or advanced degree.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Able to effectively adapt under changing conditions and prioritize initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Agile principles and experience working in Scrum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and analyze large amounts of data
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Intilectually curious and driver of results
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of APIs, Service Oriented Architecture, & Microservices
- Experience in matrix organizations and cross-functional environments
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized with a can-do attitude
- International experience and/or additional language proficiency a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021, 9:17:55 PM