You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance Engineer on the Service Operations team, you will be providing expertise in our groundbreaking technology transformation, as we drive service assurance for business-critical capabilities. Our team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our Service Operations team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you are a recent college graduate or an experienced professional ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
We are a fast-paced, fun, creative and experienced team providing 24*7 support for account receivable suite of applications across different time zones globally.
Service Assurance Engineer is responsible for providing Service Assurance for business-critical applications and utilities and will report to Service Delivery Director.
- Provide technical support for mainframe applications in Account Receivable space.
- Identify gaps in monitoring area and work with enterprise tools teams to implement APM tools.
- Analyze past incidents to provide customer and agent impacts for all priority issues using data trends and themes
- Understand upstream and downstream dependencies and collaborate with internal and third party vendor technology teams as well as principal software vendors to resolve complex issues
- Will take part in an on-call rotation (weekdays and weekends) along with team located across 3 demographic locations to ensure support coverage for critical applications in Account Receivable space.
- Consult on preventive maintenance activities to ensure platform stability
- Identify opportunities to drive platform efficiencies
- Communicates and works with the business and application development teams to support changes and implementations.
- Should have prior experience in support role and follow ITIL process like Change management, Incident management and Problem management including familiarity with Service Now or similar Incident Management applications.
- Service Assurance - Instill a service assurance mindset and execution to a portfolio or set of customer experiences/journeys.
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure: Collaborate and partner with development teams and interfacing business teams.
- Proficient at handling and resolving Incidents and Events.
- Collaborate with engineering partners to drive Problem resolutions.
- Effectively lead triage calls to drive major incident management process.
- Function as a member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice to provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
- Provide monitoring/oversight of key application performance and capacity constraints to mitigate potential incidents before they impact the customer.
- Conduct data mining/analysis activities to provide actionable insights to support issue identification, resolution, etc.
- Monitor and measure accuracy of inbound data feeds, data conditioning processes and work with Engineering leaders to identify and drive resolution of quality gaps.
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Qualifications - Internal
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in troubleshooting mainframe production issues.
- Excellent technical skills in JCL, COBOL & DB2 are MUST. IMS, CICS knowledge is preferred.
- Being able to write simple SQLs using SPUFI, IKJEFT01 is MUST.
- Hands on experience with scheduling tool (Control-M or similar), IBM mainframe utilities, SORT utilities, mainframe performance product (BMC’s apptune or similar) is MUST.
- Hands on experience in analyzing job history logs (JHS or similar), DB2 master logs, CICS logs, IMS logs is MUST.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions, and implement fixes
- Ability to lead the service restoration conference calls using strong communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self- starter that can work independently as well as collaborate with other teams to support organization objectives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience is preferred.
Experience in one or more areas is a plus:
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency.
- DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure
- Experience with automation development.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
Please note, Salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2021, 11:52:10 PM