You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Become part of the transformation that revolutionizes the financial service industry through the power of data assets.
The American Express Data Office is a global organization that sits within Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA), and is American Express’ data center of excellence. The Data Office’s objective is to realize the potential of our data assets to power the world’s best customer experience. The data office provides principles, policies, processes, architecture, and governance to enable consistent, trusted, and usable data to drive accurate data-driven business outcomes.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
You could be recruited for a role to serve as a key member in our Data Office organization. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to delivering on our mission and goals.
Below are our Data Office teams
Enterprise Data Governance: Provides the principles, policies, processes, guidelines, business data architecture, and governance to drive consistency and usability of our data assets across the company. Partners across the company to implement and ensure adoption to data governance across all data processes and assets.
Enterprise Data Platforms: Builds data management capabilities required for the future and data quality systems and processes.
Enterprise Digital Platforms: Responsible for foundational product management of all things digital.
Enterprise Data Ethics & Partnerships: Responsible for creating principles, processes, and guidelines around the strategy for data sharing with other companies, as well as ensuring that we use our data assets to back our customers and shareholders.
What type of work can you expect to do in the Data Office at American Express?
The specific job responsibilities would depend on the team you are placed in. Broadly the role could entail some of the below listed responsibilities:
- Create principles, policies, process, and a governance framework to manage data as an asset and manage adoption.
- Develop compliance monitoring and metrics and guiding federated data management teams on policy requirements.
- Manage data quality rules and controls to govern data across the organization.
- Enhance data quality issue management processes and drive the remediation of data quality issues.
- Enable sustainable platform strategy, tools, and architecture to support governance, data management, impactful delivery, communications, and trainings.
- Ensure that the right automated processes are in place to execute on data sharing policies.
- Educate key data partners on policies and know when to engage appropriate teams on high risk sharing.
- Partner with the government and regulatory affairs when the company’s strategic position needs to be articulated to policy makers and regulators.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
We have the know-how and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Does this describe you?
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail and can multi-task.
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills – must have the ability to compile, analyze, research and link complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in high pressure situations and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously – must be a self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Willingness to learn and master new systems.
- Candidates with prior industry experience of 1-15 years and an undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred.
Technical skills may include a subset of:
- Data Lineage & Tagging
- Data Architecture & Design
- Central Asset Repository Product Management
- Data Glossary & Cataloging
- Data Onboarding & Ingestion
- Enterprise Cookie Management
- Microsoft Power BI
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 7:13:45 AM