You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services.
The Enterprise Digital Platform team consists of products that transform how we approach design, data, experimentation, analytics, and more across the enterprise. We are focused on enabling fast, scalable, and consistent application development to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience.
Join our team as a Senior Manager – Product / Platform Strategy to help define the vision and agenda for our offerings and oversee strategic initiatives and pilots. This is a newly created role that requires you to act as a high performing internal product/ platforms consultant and thought partner to cross-functional leadership.
You will combine a deep understanding of our platform offerings with external industry research to identify new areas of growth, partnerships, and use cases. Examples of deliverables may include buy vs build frameworks, competitive and industry research, and ideation and incubation of innovative ideas. These will be translated into actionable recommendations for our long-term product roadmaps.
You’ll work among top performing engineering, design and product teams. We are looking for someone who is highly strategic, with strong communication skills, and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business. The ideal candidate will have a mix of product and strategy consulting background who enjoys working in white space, wearing multiple hats, and a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Become a subject matter expert across design, content, data, and analytics platforms
- Continually stay apprised of industry trends and conduct and distribute relevant research from conferences, articles, etc
- Play a key role identifying and driving strategic initiatives to increase reach and impact of the platform
- Drive integrated suite level strategic priorities and roadmap from an analytical mindset
- Prepare executive presentations to showcase critical findings and plans
- Conduct POCs to help evaluate new opportunities and feed learning back into playbooks
- Engage and develop relationships with cross-functional senior leadership to understand priorities and how we can be a thought partner
- 5+ years of Strategy Consulting experience in the Digital/ Tech space along with 3+ years of Product Management background highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, math, business, or related discipline preferred, ideally with an MBA
- Solid business acumen and problem solving ability with high capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking
- Track record of shaping and shipping enterprise grade global tech products
- Passion for keeping up with tech/ product news and sharing your knowledge
- Experience combining customer research, metrics, and feedback to develop a roadmap with clear priorities
- Loves working in an entrepreneurial culture that is lean, fast paced, and dynamic
- Highly data driven and comfortable with success metrics and KPIs
- Desire to broaden digital skills and build a career in the digital space
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your learnings
- Must be able to thrive in a hypothesis-based environment where inductive rather than deductive reasoning is the standard
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2021, 2:15:16 PM