Analyst, Strategy & Transformation
The Strategy & Transformation (S&T) team is responsible for identifying, scoping, planning, and executing transformational projects for Controllership and Finance. The team supports the delivery of large-scale projects that improve processes, provide efficiency, enhance the control environment, support business growth activities, and implement new technologies. Additionally, the team provides support to the Controllership Leadership Team on developing the strategy for the Controllership organization.
The analyst role will be responsible for executing and supporting Controllership and Finance initiatives by driving the delivery of key project outcomes, with a primary focus on transformational projects.
- Support comprehensive project management of initiatives from planning and mobilization through execution and delivery
- Work extensively with stakeholders and business process owners to coordinate engagement and facilitate completion of project tasks
- Provide frequent and timely communication to share status and escalate risks to project team leads and various stakeholders
- Consistently apply governance standards to determine which project management approach and tool(s) are appropriate for different project stages based on the scale and scope of the objective
- Support the Controllership Strategy & Transformation resource management process, including identifying strategic insights and refining our internal operating model
- Contribute to all project deliverables and assist with leadership presentations as needed
- Solid experience in project management and/or process improvement, with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully within a matrixed organization
- Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship skills with a track record of positively collaborating, influencing and coordinating with internal and external partners
- Team player comfortable working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border/virtual team environment
- Run-it-like-you-own-it approach – ability to set & lead against a plan, conduct thorough follow-through against milestones
- Analytical acumen and disposition to diagnose issues, mediate differing opinions, and ideate solutions
- Strong consulting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance is helpful
- BS in Business, or closely related fields
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 4:39:55 PM