American Express is seeking to hire a dynamic, highly customer-centric, proven technology executive who will strategize, evolve and run the firm’s Cloud Operations function. This role will serve on the technology leadership team based in India and will lead a talented team of engineers to ensure world-class availability, evolve services to deliver optimized developer experiences and accomplish superior economics. This person should have a strong background in Cloud, broad experience in IT infrastructure, large enterprise technology operations and product development & engineering. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to a team of 6 Directors and their engineering teams as well as partner with application SRE teams, enterprise architecture and other infrastructure teams.
- Lead a global team to deliver 7x24 Cloud Operations services ensuring world-class availability across large scale IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS, xPaaS and storage environments
- Build and modify products and services to deliver optimized customer experiences
- Deliver superior economics by making strategic investments in automation, analytics and machine learning
- Assure Cloud environments are secure and compliant
- Build a strong engineering culture in a run and operate environment
- Lead observability efforts to deliver a highly monitored and measured platforms
- Lead technical resolution of priority incidents, facilitate post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- Drive thought leadership and build coalitions across Development, Product, Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations that advance accountability for high availability, resiliency and scalability
Attract, retain and grow top talent across the organization
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of overall technology industry leadership experience and technical delivery for large-scale organizations
- Experience leading technology infrastructure engineering and operations with emphasis on Cloud, virtualized environments and storage solutions including SAN, NAS and Object.
- Extensive experience as a leader within a Technology organization and/or in a product development company with experience developing observability and self-healing capabilities
- Strong operational focus and proven track record of leading global engineering teams to deliver highly available, resilient and secure platforms
- Demonstrated success delivering operational excellence by building highly automated systems in capacity management, performance management, problem management and vulnerability management.
- Ability to inspire success with calm, thoughtful and decisive leadership during stressful events
- High energy and enthusiasm for learning and problem-solving complex systems with a DevOps and Engineering mind set
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a high-reaching market
- Strong communication, presentation and customer interaction skills
- Broad infrastructure operations leadership experience across multiple disciplines including Network, Database, Data Center infrastructure, Cloud, Distributed Compute and Storage
- Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment (i.e. DevOps, CD/CI, Agile, etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 3:22:36 PM