You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Engineer 1 (Purpose of the role)
American Express Global Card Network Platform authorizes and processes all of the company’s customer card transactions. The Card Network platform is the critical back bone for all of American Express card transactions, and is a near real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year.
American Express is making strategic investments in new card network products and platforms to allow the company to meet its ambitious global growth agenda. American Express is looking for strong leaders and engineers to be part of high energy and efficient teams that will build and support our next generation card network systems.
As an Engineer in the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be part of a group of hands-on engineer building and maintaining highly available and scalable distributed system on the cloud that supports the company's long-term strategy and vision. Your primary responsibility is to be an active participant in the design and development of optimization and enhancement efforts for our next generation distributed transaction platform supporting Amex card transactions.
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering on Cloud
- Self-service developer experience improvement automation services
- Platform reliability
- You will be an active participant in the design and building of automation and service optimization initiatives as part of the Nemo SRE group.
- Working with other team members in SRE and application developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks.
- Build POCs to experiment new technologies, databases and other application infrastructure.
- Be acutely aware of new technologies and open-source products to build low latency distributed systems.
- Be part of an innovation and experimentation organization, engage in fun and outcome-oriented culture, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 3+ years of work experience.
- Strong Development experience using one of the languages like Python/ Go / Java.
- Experience working in DevOps teams and Scrums.
- Have experience in designing and building Cloud native applications. Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are a plus.
- Experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra etc. in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems.
- Keen understanding of how to build highly performant systems with such languages. You must be able to at least show proficiency to code in one of the languages.
- Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems, Distributed System Management/tracing and monitoring such as Zipkin/Jaeger, ELK Stack, Prometheus are preferred.
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience with financial services organization is highly preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2021, 5:22:22 AM