You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure,
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- As an Infrastructure Support Engineer, you will help maintain the current global infrastructure, support capacity planning initiatives, and provide on-call technical support.
- Responsible for maintaining availability and reliability of the environment by applying sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation.
- Document every action so findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Maintaining operational sustainment and risk reduction in the eco-system by aggressively pursuing safety and soundness type of actions not limited to: vulnerability remediation, patching, end of life and resiliency scenarios
- Ensuring effective Production monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance
- Managing multiple concurrent issue resolution work-streams, project deliverables across environments in an agile way with changing priorities
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- 6+ years of solid Linux Experience, with at least 2 Yrs of Redhat Linux.
- 3+ years of experience with automation, working with APIs and configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Bash etc.
- 2+ years of experience with VMware ESXi, Nutanix, Cisco UCS.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- Knowledge on containers, microservices, network & storage components, load balancers, firewalls, RedHat Satellite and Git.
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 1:50:22 PM