The American Express Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C) team is a strategic function that works to enhance and protect the continued strength of the American Express brand through public relations, social media and content, colleague communications and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
This position works with the Director of Sustainability to support ESG and Sustainability- related disclosure processes and submissions for American Express globally, working in the Office of Corporate Social Responsibility. The role will help manage the annual ESG Report and updates, SASB disclosure, GHG accounting, CDP submission, TCFD reporting and other non-financial disclosures in the United States and abroad.
Manages ESG disclosures
- Works closely with colleagues in Corporate Affairs and Communications, Legal, Investor Relations, the Corporate Secretary’s Office and the ESG Disclosure Working Groups to develop ESG disclosure planning processes
- Coordinates company’s key ESG and Sustainability disclosures including the annual ESG Report and updates, Proxy (ESG content), CDP reporting, Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) report and other relevant non-financial disclosures
- Manages the prioritization and completion of ESG surveys and questionnaires from third parties, including investors, rating agencies, customers and others. Administers ESG data management and tracking processes
- Manages and advises on the development of ESG metrics to evaluate, measure and monitor the progress and success of the company’s ESG strategy and overall alignment to stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Manages and develops tools, processes and software to track, collect, analyze and verify ESG data • Engages internal ESG content owners and subject matter experts to collect and validate ESG information
- Monitors ESG regulations, trends, best practices and competitor’s initiatives to inform ongoing ESG data management and disclosure processes Supports GHG inventory and climate risk analysis
- Works with the Director of Sustainability, external vendors and internal stakeholders to manage GHG inventory and carbon accounting including Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions
- Manages and completes annual CDP response
- Supports climate risk assessments and disclosures following TCFD guidelines Supports the implementation and tracking of ESG strategy
- Coordinates meetings, compiles information, supports benchmarking and other related activities
- Develops tools to track and monitor the progress of the company’s ESG strategy
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a leading corporate ESG or Sustainability role with additional experience in disclosure and reporting
- A Bachelors’ degree (required) and Masters (preferred) in relevant fields including Sustainability Management, Environmental Studies, etc.
- Strong understanding of ESG and Sustainability issues and associated market trends, preferably in the financial services sector globally
- Demonstrated expertise and experience utilizing ESG and Sustainability frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD)
- Experience with CDP disclosure strongly preferred
- Strong project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent technical, analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, cross-functionally and globally in a deadline-oriented environment
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021, 6:10:07 PM