You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Model Risk Management Group (MRMG) within Global Risk and Compliance Group, is responsible for the independent risk management of all American Express (AXP) models.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and controls model risk, specifically associated to the regulatory models like CCAR,CECL,IFRS9, Economic Capital. This role will elevate model excellence, strengthen long term shareholder value, and adapt to the changing landscape of both model development innovation, external environment and heightened regulatory expectations.
The specific responsibilities include:
• Conduct independent oversight of enterprise-wide models with a focus on a variety of statistical and mathematical models developed and used in Finance, Treasury and Risk - Economic Capital models, IFRS9, CECL, and CCAR Stress Test models,.
• Conduct gap assessments and establish robust framework to strengthen model risk controls and meet heightened regulatory standards
• Conduct research to explore opportunities to elevate model excellence and drive business impact
• Communicating results to partners, senior leadership and various model committees
Critical Factors to Success:
• Effectively challenge the conceptual soundness , theory and approach,purpose/usages of predictive models
• Maximize business returns by institutionalizing efficient and accurate models.
• Innovate modeling techniques and variable creation
• Ensure modeling accuracy and enhance modeling efficiency in existing processes
2. Leadership Outcomes:
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to the existing models
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
0-4 years experience in analytics or big data workstreams
MBA, Master’s Degree In Economics, Statistics Or Related Fields From Top Tier Institute
Hands-on model development or validation experience. • Strong Analytical and Relationship and project management skills for driving validation initiatives. • Experience in applying advanced statistical and/or quantitative techniques to solve business problems is preferred. • Good Verbal, Written, Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment. • Willingness to Collaborate with Cross-Functional teams to drive validation and Project Execution. • Effectively communicating complex Analytical results to Business Partners and Senior Management. • Flexibility and Adaptability to Work Within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Experience with atleast one of the data manipulation tools such as R, JAVA, SQL and SAS is a must have. Data Science/Traditional Modeling, Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence, Expertise in Coding, Supervised and Unsupervised Teachniques - active learning, transfer learning, neural models, decision trees, reinforcement learning, graphical models, Gaussian processes, Bayesian models,map reduce techniques, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Deep Learning, Text Mining Algorithms
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2021, 1:41:09 PM