You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Comprised of key internal and external servicing functions, GSG delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members, merchants and commercial clients around the world, while providing world-class credit, collections and fraud services. The organization is also home for several shared services that help to power American Express including procurement/supplier management, real estate & workplace experiences and sales operations & business enablement. GSG teams also partner with businesses across the company to develop strategies and execute complex change initiatives. Each interaction is a chance to bring the brand to life for our customers and colleagues and help build on Amex’s reputation for trust, security and service.
The Primary role of employee will be:
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about customers and interested in owning all aspects of the customer relationship. You will serve as a brand ambassador by delivering unsurpassed customer care through Relationship Care.
In this role, the successful candidate will ensure extraordinary service by promptly and accurately responding to request from Clients, evaluating and analyzing merchant account information and recommending tailored solutions to merchants that add value to their business. This role includes working back office requests received via Merchant Force.
• Responding to maintenance requests, analyzing & resolving outstanding issues before the requests are carried out.
• Make outbound call and/or support inbound call flow of merchants
• Manage payment enquiries and processes for Merchant accounts
• Mange Merchant payment queries including bank fees, duplicate payments and incorrect payments
• Investigate rejected and/or missing payments to ensure sufficient due diligence is performed to attempt to correctly allocate payments to Merchants
• Action manual payment requests as per Merchants contractually terms
• Accountable for managing relationships with key internal contacts (Acquisition, 3rd party acquirers, Client Management Group, Strategic Alliances and Front Offices) service level agreements and quality with minimal supervision.
• Co-coordinate and effectively liaising between the various agencies in Amex (Third parties, End2end, GMS Pricing, Acquiring Markets, GMS Client Managers, Engineering, Technologies, Genesis Agreements).
Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Excellent time management skills, flexibility and able to work with strict deadline
Strong Interpersonal and Coordination Skills
Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
Customer focused with a high level of urgency; role model for delivering Extraordinary Customer Care
Strong and Committed Customer Focus and Consistent Demonstration Of Service Excellence.
Compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
Ability to Take Independent Decision & Meet Stringent Deadlines.
Able to interact professionally with all levels of internal clients
Strong Result Focus
Great understanding of Amex payment Network
Grasp for technical information/ analytical thinking
Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines,
Ability to work independently with little supervision and ability/willingness to make decisions that impact the business
High relationship skills - influencing/negotiating skills, problem-solving skills, language fluency
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 12:40:58 PM