Amex Insights is a global enterprise-wide center of excellence that brings our customer’s voice and mind to the forefront of business decisions. We work closely with the American Express Business Units to create and deliver insights that are linked to the commercial priorities of American Express.
The Senior Manager, Amex Insights B2B will act as a strategic partner to the American Express Global Commercial Services organization, providing insight driven thought leadership on how to build and grow all segments of our Commercial business in a highly competitive environment.
This role requires someone who is passionate about bringing the consumer to bear in everything we do, has an innate interest in product development and strategy and is comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative data. This person will also be responsible for driving impactful and relevant marketing that enables Amex to be the chosen brand by businesses for their payment needs.
The successful candidate will be a "decision change agent", adept at turning data and consumer learnings into a compelling story with clear implications, and then helping to advocate for their implementation.
- Partner closely with the GCS marketing teams to deliver powerful consumer insights that help inspire, develop and evaluate
- Design research plans against business objectives, timelines and budget. Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects
- Analyze disparate datasets and translate findings into meaningful consumer insights and recommendations, integrating relevant business knowledge and learning from other projects/sources. Demonstrate the ability to tell a story and share a point of view that will drive business action, not just present findings.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by finding new and better ways of doing things: identify, create and employ innovative research approaches.
- Develop credibility and manage strong two-way working relationships with cross-functional, cross-country business teams, consumer insight counterparts, as well as external suppliers and partners.
- Act as a champion of consumer empathy and inspire consumer curiosity throughout the organization.
- Minimum 4 years in a strategic insights or marketing role
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of both Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies and must possess the ability to apply insights to address business challenges.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proven collaboration abilities, strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate both analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Exceptional communicator (verbally and written) - Ability to tell a story, synthesize and convey key messages and present in a visual and compelling way
- Excellent Project Management and Organizational skills
- Ideal candidate will have strong commercial focus or will have a strong desire to develop these skills
- Must be able to work independently in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate a can-do attitude and be able to easily flex in the face of changing priorities
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2021, 12:00:33 AM