You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This position is within the Commercial Customer Management group of American Express. This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer life cycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decisioning frameworks, create machine-learning powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
The position will report into the Director, US Commercial Case Setups strategy. The incumbent Manager will be responsible for the case set up strategy and treatment for managing exposure risk within select segments of the US Small Business (US-OPEN) portfolio. The strategies span across current and delinquent account segments across Charge and Lending portfolios.
Transformational opportunities exist in creating the next generation of case set up logic to improve customer experience while maintaining profitability. The incumbent will work closely with partners in Risk Management, Global Services Group (GSG), Legal/Compliance, Finance, Marketing and Technologies towards best in class case treatment strategies to profitably manage delinquency roll rates. As such, the position offers terrific opportunities for visibility with senior leadership.
- Perform financial analysis, apply credit and collection principles, and develop effective profitability based case setup logic by leveraging best-in-class analytical techniques and data sources
- Ensure positive customer experience throughout the process using the guiding priciples of reducing unnecesary disruptions, eliminating surprise at POS, and engaging digitally
- Deploy aforementioned strategies in proprietary systems and subsequently track KPIs and deliver insights to leadership
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- 2+ years of experience in Analytical Skills in Credit Risk Management or other related areas in financial services
- Ability to learn quickly and work with very large datasets in different analytical environments
- High energy, intellectually curious and infectiously positive
- Strong written and oral communication with ability to explain complex data through clear articulation
- Team player with a track record of building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional business partners
- An MBA or an advanced degree (Masters/PhD) with specialization in the areas of Finance, Economics, Math/Statistics, Operations Research is preferred
- Other degrees supplemented with relevant work experience could also be considered
- Programming skills (with knowledge of SQL/Python/SAS) are required
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 5:07:55 PM