You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Function Description: The role is for Team Leader GRPA (Global Regulatory & Policy Assurance), to be based out of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will report into the Director, GRPA.
- The primary responsibility of leading ~13 testing analysts monitoring the Japan market functions of GSG
- The Leader will be responsible for delivering on the vision and road map of GSG-OE group, which is to advance control environment, deliver actionable insights to the business and transforming key processes with excellent colleague experience
- Ensure successful and on-going delivery of all key metrics
- Drive a highly performing team through strong leadership, effectively inspiring, motivating and influencing colleagues, develop and execute colleague engagement plan
- Ensure disputes/enquiries are handled on timely manner and accurate decision is made
- Point of escalation for the team and customers
- Identify area for improvement and implementing appropriate changes to improve processes and results
- Conduct coaching and have meaningful career conversation including development plan with Colleagues
- Cultivate and maintain on-going stakeholder relationships
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing Japanese & English with JLPT 2 or above
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in related field
- Strong people management skills such as coaching, communication, problem solving and performance management
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer centric understanding and building strong relationship internally and externally. Able to deliver result in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate growth mindset and role modelling of the Organization’s (Blue Box) values
- Strong sense of personal accountability and demonstrate self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic, time critical environment while managing and inspiring a diverse group
- Experience in group dynamics and team empowerment including experience of conflict management
- Able to collaborate with colleagues, stakeholders and business partners effectively
- Deliver on shared and function specific outcome metrics
- Drive the ‘Colleague First’ agenda to attract, grow and develop talent
- Put ‘Enterprise Thinking’ first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise & GSG priorities and balance the needs of the customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenging status quo and bring continuous innovation to our process
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with highest level of integrity
- Lead with a growth and increasingly relevant digital mindset to drive customer centric outcomes that help deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 2:42:50 AM