You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Overview of Role:
- This position needs deep understanding of software development practices, architecture, Quality Engineering and SAFe/Scrum model of SDLC, partnering with various engineering, product management and support teams.
- The responsibility includes owning scrum deliveries, driving agile software development pracrtices for predictable, smooth and timely deliveries without compromising the quality of deliverables.
- Need to promote and sustain top-notch Development and Quality Engineering practices including, measured quality deliveries, Test automation (functional and non-functional tests), Performance Engineering, CICD, etc.) to help fast paced deliveries without compromising on quality.
- Interacts with technology staff including develop Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope and deliver services.
- Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
- Recommend annual budgetary needs and ensure appropriate expenditures within the approved budget.
- Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
- Foster strategic thinking and continuous learning to help American Express continue to lead as a technology company providing differentiating high-quality products and services to enable global commerce.
- Do you have a good experience in software architecture and development with a passion for testing driven development
- Are you an experienced leader who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
- Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation, strong unit test practices, and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
- Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to executives?
All About You:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
- Experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
- Experience mentoring and developing colleagues in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated success in leading a small to large-scale software development, testing, and performance across multiple groups.
- Sound knowledge of Java/C++, Spring, JUnit, REST Assured, Selenium, Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts, and exposure to tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, GIT.
- Expertise in agile life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
- Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
- Exposure to testing applications and services hosted on public/hybrid/private cloud is desirable.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2021, 3:27:37 PM