American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate and small business clients to help them manage cash flow and increase profitability through a variety of automated expense management tools.
Expanding existing relationships is a critical function in the US SME Specialty Group, with substantial opportunity to support our customers as they grow their businesses with access to payments and credit.
In this role, the Account Development Consultant will engage small business and middle market businesses in in-depth conversations about their business objectives, business model, and funding needs. Where appropriate, the Consultant will sell complementary business financing products that can enhance our customers’ business performance.
- Make outbound cold calls to contact targeted small/mid-size business owners and business leaders
- Consult and cover needs of existing customers and recommend our financing solutions based on a thorough needs analysis
- Quickly become the subject matter expert on our Business Financing products (Working Capital Terms and Business Loans) and continuously develop team knowledge and expertise
- Effectively manages leads & pipeline
- Continuously improve on key selling skills, including building rapport, uncovering customer needs, handling objections, and closing sales
- Proven track record in sales
- Possess intangibles – strong relationship-building skills, competitive, motivated, resilient, active listening
- Proven phone skills (ability to direct a sales conversation)
- Agile thinking and ability to pivot conversations
- Financial acumen and familiarity with business cash flow for expenses
- Solution oriented
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Effective Objection Handling
- Personal Excellence/ Self-Motivated
- Effective Time Management and Project Development Skills
- Confident and friendly communication style
- Positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic. Ability to use feedback in a positive way with personal accountability
- This individual should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to rapidly acquire and maintain high levels of product and service knowledge, clearly and compellingly communicate appropriate product features and benefits and other elements of American Express business services
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2021, 2:28:13 PM