The GCSG IO Team has an exciting opportunity for a product manager to own a key component of our Investment Optimization Future State Initiative. This initiative is an enterprise-wide, cross-functional effort focused on driving transformational change in the IO process. One of the key workstreams this role will focus on is accurately capturing Total Upfront Investment (TUFI) costs for Consumer Marketing card member acquisitions made outside of the United States. This workstream will require the manager to identify data sources and build a robust process for International TUFI Actualization by utilizing and improving upon best practices from the US. This effort, in addition to others in the Future State Initiative, will require a high level of patience and perseverance to dig into the details of a process or problem coupled with the ability to also step away to see how the bigger picture comes together. Working and collaborating effectively with stakeholders across the globe (Phoenix, New York, London, India) including Marketing, Finance, Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) and Risk will also be critical to the success of the position.
This role has tremendous impact – directly influencing how the company will allocate its significant Consumer Marketing budget in a rapidly iterative fashion. This is not a business-as-usual role and as such, it will require the successful candidate to have a product owner skillset (excellent communication skills, experience working effectively across key stakeholders with divergent priorities, strategic mindset) coupled with the ability to roll up their sleeves to solve hard data & modelling problems (strong knowledge of data platforms and financial systems, hands-on technical skills, knowledge of or a practitioner in advanced modelling techniques) in order to drive TUFI Actualization and other key workstreams in the IO Future State Initiative.
• Gain an understanding of TUFI Actualization projects in motion and already established in the US. Strategize how to align resources and define a path forward for International Consumer TUFI Actualization and US process enhancements.
• Identify financial cost data sources available (including the Finance Organized Data Layer, Controllership, EDA reporting) to assess viability for use in building out a robust reporting platform, cost actualization and automation process.
• Work with the Future State working group to provide feedback, direction, and coverage for key 2021 projects and business case development.
• Collaborate with Finance, Risk, Marketing and EDA teams to identify opportunities to better align the funding, targeting and approval models.
• Provide thought leadership to evolve the Investment Optimization algorithm and adapt our funding strategy to the organization’s future needs.
• Perform ad-hoc analyses to support future state workstreams and/or decision support for GCSG leadership as needed.
• Document and socialize the Future State initiative with key stakeholders to gain alignment and buy-in.
• Keep the team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors.
• Demonstrated thought leadership, creativity, and resourcefulness in generating solutions and defining a path forward for unstructured business problems.
• A “driver” personality – a naturally curious, self-starter who is driven to find solutions to problems we didn't know existed by breaking down processes into the source components and rebuilding them in a more effective way.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills able to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages for a variety of target audiences.
• Ability to build relationships with and influence business partners using sound logic and analytics.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize workflow, and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations.
• Hands-on technical data querying skills (SAS, SQL) and familiarity with AMEX financial reporting & data sources is preferred.
• 4+ years of relevant experience. Product development and/or management, project management or consulting experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree equivalent in business, economics, data science, marketing or quantitative science preferred.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 7:35:25 PM