Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the Global Card, Consulting & Digital Experience (GCCDE) team within GCS is to create products that are the best choice for our customers. We achieve this by being customer and competitor obsessed, delivering market leading value, and creating great experiences for our products.
The Governance Mgr./Sr. Mgr. will be accountable for maintaining the right balance between product and risk/compliance requirements as well as establishing the governance structures for Business Checking Account for small business customers, and will work across operational areas such as product, risk and compliance as part of our effort to build, launch and run this new line of business.
- Ensure product build and enhancements appropriately consider risk and compliance considerations.
- Act as a liaison between product and risk/compliance partners, e.g. CFR, GFCC, GCO, LOBCO, OE and ensure product is striking the right balance of customer experience & robust controls
- Be plugged into the latest trends and industry best practices in risk/compliance space, and share with product team
- Work with PMs to proactively identify product features that require specific risk and/or compliance input
- Work with PMs to escalate aspects of product build/ enhancement that may not have appropriately considered risk/ compliance requirements
- Coordinate with risk/compliance team members to ensure the appropriate development of scenarios for UAT testing prior to feature rollouts
- Establish governance structures within the product team to facilitate information sharing and decision making
- Serve as the point of contact to work with partners, e.g. OE, LOBCO, GSG to comply with Amex product launch requirements, e.g. RAQ, CAT, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact to provide documentation, evidence, etc. to support internal audit requests, regulatory exams, etc.
- Develop best practices to be used by the broader team, based on research and industry best practices in regulatory and risk governance matters as part of product development
- You have 5+ years of experience working in or advising financial institutions with a particular focus on DDA banking products
- You have experience managing large scale global projects with multiple business partner relationships and stakeholders at various levels.
- You have experience working across/with product, risk and compliance functions and have a knowledgeable understanding of the various risks and regulatory obligations generated by banking (DDA) products
- You are familiar with the product development/enhancement process and well-versed in finding compromises between product and risk that balance risk and reward (i.e. ensuring best-in-class customer experience with robust risk management)
- You are a highly organized and professional individual with an ability to demonstrate keen attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness and efficiency
- You have excellent project management experience, organization, and prioritization skills and a proven ability to manage cross-functional, large/complex initiatives
- You have experience working in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment, developing relationships across organizational boundaries and influencing without direct authority
- You have demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization.
- You are a team player with a strong collaborative orientation
- You drive results
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 1:28:34 PM