“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Manager, AR Product Management
The Global Accounts Receivables team is a part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence (COE). The team plays a key role in the development of New Card Products, Benefit Programs, Lending and Commerce initiatives that help grow revenue, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market and modernizing AR. The team is also responsible for enhancing customer experience through development and enhancement of AR capabilities.
The successful individual ensures that the AR platform meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continual innovation, evaluation and deployment. The role will require excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. The candidate must be able to perform product leadership, shepherding the team to be able to deliver incremental value to our stakeholders. The role requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong multi-business unit stakeholder management and ability to influence across multiple levels. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Candidate must be able to coordinates the efforts of a set of scrum teams and/or SAFE trains (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new features across markets and products. Must be comfortable switching from a high level context with Stakeholders to granular level of detail with Engineers.
In this role, the candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for driving the vision and execution from gathering requirements through implementation and optimization. To do this, the candidate will collaborate with business leaders and partners to shape and translate a software product vision and also lead designers and engineers to deliver user experiences, operational processes and supporting technology assets.
- Prioritize development of the software product in alignment with business objectives
- Ensure owned Software Product/Capability Areas and platforms are well controlled and have a defined roadmap to improve time to market, reduce operational risk, and create business value.
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
- Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance test criteria within Business and Technology initiatives.
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements/user stories.
- Partner with international AR peers to drive capability globalization and market adoption of platform capabilities where appropriate
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments and stakeholders in creating the software product and platform requirements.
- Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions.
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
- Review existing products and workflows for modernization opportunities.
- Perform Demos and Launch Announcements with key stakeholders to demonstrate success and metrics of improvement.
- Champion, support and implement of agile principles.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Software Product Management (or Technical Product Management)
- Experience with a Bank Accounts Receivable or Payment or Lending Product preferred
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap from inception through maintenance while maintaining a customer first mindset.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Excellent executive presence with strong written & verbal communication
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with BDD, scaled agile, and scrum software development methodologies
- High degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scrum, Agile, Scaled Agile Framework and principles; proficiency in Design Thinking a plus
- Enable analytics to drive decision making. Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations for roadmap.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
- Ability to manage scope against capacity.
- Ability to think creatively and influence decision making across departments and levels within the organization.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages and software architecture patterns preferred
- Quick learner and driven to learn new functionality
- Can decompose abstract information into meaningful features
- Comfortable working with uncertainty or shifting business requirements
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 11:01:24 AM