Global Digital Capabilities, Transformation & Operations (GDCT&O) organization serves at the intersection of business and technology by bringing customer centricity to its business operations. The organization builds business capabilities, enables global consistency and repeatability, and drives operational excellence. The Transformation Management Office (TMO) delivers high-impact outcomes for GCS by leading business transformation and strategic cross-functional initiatives.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Program Shield PMO will report into the Manager of Program Shield PMO.
Program Shield is primarily about ensuring compliance with GCS’ ASA requirements and regulatory expectations. Scope for ASA includes uplifting of KYC on-boarding journey, complete KYC refresh and remediation, complete other ACP goals including Sanctions / AML and other goals relating to customer screening, customer risk rating and transaction monitoring. Regulatory Change Management includes completing remediation activity for Interchange Fee Regulation re-issuance, completing PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication ongoing roll out in European markets, delivering PSD2 TPP Open Banking compliance plan (Sweden & Finland) and ensuring delivery of GCS India regulatory change requirements.
Program Shield comprises approx. 20 initiatives and each initiative are studded with many business and technology milestones. These initiatives spread across multiple markets, platforms and are multi-year deliverables that need careful monitoring and tracking. The Senior Financial Analyst, Program Shield PMO will support the Manager of Program Shield PMO in all E2E PMO activities including monitoring, tracking and reporting. In addition to supporting the program, the SFA will also support OPEX activities for the leader of GCS operational excellence (budget, head count, monthly reporting of financial information, variance / trend analysis)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Information Systems. Additional qualifications / certifications a plus.
- 2-4+ years relevant work experience in project management, business transformation, large scale technology implementations and/or financial services
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Visio are important for success in this role
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, strong attention to detail and control mindset.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, both written and verbal, with ability to interact with stakeholders across all management levels.
- Problem-solving abilities with ambiguity (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of actionable recommendations).
- Effective in operating autonomously and making complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure.
- Strong team/ collaboration skills and curiosity, a willingness to learn & a sense of ownership and accountability.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021, 2:56:45 PM