Accertify is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express and a leading provider of fraud prevention, chargeback management, and payment gateway solutions to merchant customers spanning diverse industries worldwide. Accertify’s suite of products and services help e-commerce companies grow their business by driving down the total cost of fraud, simplifying business processes, and ultimately increasing revenue.
The Senior Fraud Prevention Consultant will report to the Director of Client Onboarding Fraud and will be responsible for developing ecommerce fraud prevention strategies involving use of charge cards reported lost or stolen, cash refunds, nonexistent accounts as well as reputational fraud for various industries. This role will be within our Professional Services Department which relies heavily on fraud strategy in terms of consultation as well as delivery of the aforementioned consultancy. This role requires a deep understanding of the current and future landscapes of Fraud in the CNP space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fraud Prevention Consultant is responsible for the successful deployment of the various components of Accertify’s Interceptas fraud prevention platform.
These responsibilities include:
- Provide a dedicated level of strategic support to an assigned portfolio of Enterprise Clients
- Partner with Accertify Implementation team and consult with new clients on fraud risk strategies during the implementation process and ensure additional strategies are implemented and tested before deployment of the Interceptas platform
- Consult with existing Accertify clients to design and deploy comprehensive fraud prevention strategies, rules and policies that identify opportunities within their current risk strategies
- Perform fraud-focused analyses using client data to showcase where and how fraud is taking place, make strategic and informed recommendations that the client should implement to minimize risk exposure along with other various metrics to showcase the cost of fraud and be able to present these findings to our clients
- Develop additional tactics and other procedures to diminish Customers’ risk
- Implement new features and functionality as it relates to the Interceptas platform for select clients
- Analyze and identify emerging fraud trends/ technologies and adapt new approaches and features as needed.
- Develop strong relationships with clients to deliver exceptional service and ensure that expectations are exceeded; act as a liaison between the clients and the organization
- Work closely with other Fraud Consultants & Onboarding Managers to develop new visualizations and data analysis that can be used to scale the current Professional Services model
- Act as a liaison between new Customers and internal departments including sales engineering, development and product to development to further develop existing products and consult on the creation of new ones
- Perform on-site Customer training and support the evolution of training practices
- Job requires travel onsite to client location and to Accertify Offices
- 4+ years of previous e-commerce fraud prevention management experience in a high transaction volume environment is a required
- 4+ years of Fraud Management experience preferably in card not present spaces and/or Identity related field
- In-depth understanding of payment processing environments, including chargeback rules and regulations, authorization, settlement, interchange, pricing/billing, and fraud mitigation strategies both domestically and globally
- 4+ years of Data Analytics with a focus on fraud prevention
- Demonstrated ability with tools such as Splunk, Spark, SQL, Tableau or similar reporting/data mining tools
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, document and communicate e-commerce fraud threats and trends effectively and deliver highly detailed technical information in presentation form
- Experience working in highly cross-functional environment, must be flexible and can adapt to working with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to pro-actively and independently solve problems and drive results.
- Critical thinker with strong strategic planning skills who can adapt quickly by grasping and applying new technical concepts
- Ability to understand database structures, reporting/query tools, and constructing SQL statements in Oracle
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, including an expert-level knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Interceptas experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021, 9:43:59 AM