You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Manager/Senior Manager - Network Data Strategy
Network Solutions and Operations
The Network Solutions & Operations team (NSO) is the heart of the American Express Enterprise, powering billions of transactions through the global payments processing network that we develop and manage. The NSO team is driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network and create innovative products, services, and capabilities – for the whole Enterprise – that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
The Data Strategy & Enablement team is part of the Network Strategy team, responsible for shaping the “Network of the future”. The Strategy team defines the Network Vision and Strategy while driving the Network Roadmap, by providing a holistic approach across all Network products. Data Strategy & Enablement is critical to AXP’s growth, as we aim to deliver all Network solutions at scale for our cardmembers, merchants, and bank partners so that they can benefit from all our solutions (e.g., Security & Fraud through SafeKey and Tokenization, Payment enablers like Click-to-pay and CardRefresher, Form Factors like Contactless and QR, etc.) including enhanced data offerings. This role is an exciting opportunity to define the data and go-to-market strategy for Network solutions. The Manager/Senior Manager will report to the Director leading this team and will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Understand the strategy of individual products and their data approach as well as customer pain points/needs
- Conduct research and analysis to evaluate and develop insights that will allow for the identification of new data network product/service offerings and optimizations to drive growth for American Express and our Network Partners
- Define and validate use cases with key internal stakeholders
- Develop frameworks, business cases and value proposition, key metrics for success, and plans to realize stated benefits
- Define go-to-market strategy and how to drive scale, while analyzing cross-product opportunities and strategic implications for AXP and the network
- Drive collaboration across the organization to deliver flawless execution for data enhancements identified for Network products/services
- Monitor relevant industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer feedback to refine data strategies
- Develop cohesive presentations that articulate strategy and recommendations to internal and external partners
- Other potential strategic assignments based on new strategic initiatives and priorities for the Enterprise
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Relevant experience: At least three years’ experience in the Payments Industry with experience in Strategy, Product Development and/or Management Consulting. Experience in developing new product strategies, business cases, go to market plans, and product roadmaps. Prior experience in payments and data solutions, specifically the data management component of payments processing, API’s, data connections, and interfaces/platforms strongly preferred
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. Deep knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies.
- Thought leadership: Ability to diagnose, synthesize and translate the current state of business and make a proposal for enhancement identifying opportunities for a revenue stream.
- Transformation spirit: Track record for change management and delivery in matrixed organizations. Result-oriented and familiar with changes, willing to challenge the status quo to effectively compete and differentiate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Effective communicator and influencer: Excellent communication skills, proficient in developing quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders
- Analytical ability: Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate complexities
- Intellectual curiosity: Curious, out-of-the-box, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
- Cross-functional experience: Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to enable cross-functional team collaboration to drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change.
- Highly collaborative: Nimble team player that can operate in ambiguity, white space, and quickly-evolving priorities.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2021, 11:27:50 PM