You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express, is looking for an experienced communications leader to take on the new role of Director of Communications, EMEA. Based in London, this position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Communications, EMEA. This person will help to devise and implement corporate affairs strategies to support American Express’ joint ventures in the region, its Global Network Services business, as well as providing holistic corporate affairs support to markets across Europe.
The candidate must be an excellent storyteller, and able to bring to life how American Express backs its customers, colleagues, and communities. Experience in content creation through a variety of media is highly preferred.
- Develop and execute PR strategies for company initiatives, while contributing to an always-on press function that maintains American Express’ public presence
- Build and foster strong relationships with key stakeholders including colleagues, media, partners and industry
- Coordinate with colleagues in all international markets to collaborate on communications initiatives
- Respond to media enquiries and prepare spokespeople for interviews
- Provide communications support to senior leaders relating to company announcements and initiatives
- Draft speeches and presentations on behalf of senior leadership, ensuring American Express has a public voice on important industry trends and topics
- Work in partnership with social media, CSR, and internal communications colleagues to deliver a fully integrated communications approach
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Extensive professional experience in communications or journalism. Business-to-business experience also strongly preferred
- Outstanding written and presentation skills
- Strong relationships with journalists in target markets highly preferred
- Proven ability to craft and implement highly effective communications strategies and secure high impact media coverage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated team player with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across a company
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 7:33:30 AM