American Express has been in existence for 165 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security, and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our American Express brand. American Express colleagues are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization, and the response that our people make to an ever-changing environment. Every new member of our global team has the opportunity to become a participant and not an observer, and by using your unique skills and background you can help us deliver superior products and services to our shareholders, customers and colleagues.
Our colleagues enjoy a generous benefits package, retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will help you achieve your professional goals.
The Global Services Group (GSG) is comprised of several interconnected business units which collectively provide service on a global scale, playing a central role in helping American Express achieve its vision of being the world’s most respected service brand.
As part of GSG, the Global Commercial Credit (GCC) team vison is to “Provide the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day”. GCC aims to strike the right balance between helping Commercial clients and customers in need through offering a range of financial advisory services, repayment programs and taking actions to mitigate risk to the company. GCC Client Financial Solutions team is a solution-based receivable management team. Majority of our portfolio-based collections is comprised of a broad cross-section of our SME segment. This is a debt recovery team that provides our clients with payment arrangement solutions for both short- and long-term hardship. Client satisfaction, backed with integrity and competence, is our highest priority.
This role is a customer facing role. Successful candidate will be responsible to offer enhanced financial advice services for US commercial clients with high balances/high risk and determine the treatment strategy for these customers including financial analysis and underwriting; debt restructuring; obligor-level case management; and specialized support for clients with business financing and supplier payment products.
This position will require a highly organized and deadline driven individual with strong commercial financial statement knowledge and background in commercial loan workout. Incumbent will be responsible for negotiating payment plans and collecting directly from the customers. Responsible for analyzing and modifying terms of loan agreement in order to meet acceptable underwriting and repayment status, and to reach an acceptable structure and performing status while the borrower makes efforts to rehab back to legacy.
Incumbent will be responsible for conducting in-depth credit risk analysis for small and mid-sized business customers who have high credit exposure or request high spending capacity. Credit analysis will include, but not limited to; financial statement (business and personal) reviews, wide range of business models and US Industry risk assessment, coupled with support from internal and external model outputs to reach sound credit decisions. Incumbent will work closely in partnership with our Commercial Credit High Balance team.
- 3+ years of commercial/small business lending experience
- 3+ years of direct or indirect leadership experience
- Excellent business and personal financial statement analysis skills along with robust knowledge of financial risk scoring models
- Working knowledge of Moody’s Risk Analyst and risk rating capabilities
- Ability to interpret commercial and consumer bureau reports is a must
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, credit line decisions and process and the need to be compliant with internal and external guidelines and rules
- The applicant needs to be an analytical thinker, problem solver and decision maker
- The successful applicant is results oriented, demonstrates enthusiasm, resilience under stress, and a will to win attitude
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced centralized commercial credit underwriting environment
- Excellent Communication, Collaboration and Relationship building skills. Work closely with CFR, GCS, Collections and GCO/Legal partners
- Work with Workout Analysts on complex cases to develop tailored workout solutions and take proactive measure to avoid default
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with customers/colleagues and processes
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills are a must
- Possesses effective utilization of time management to accomplish goals on a consistent basis
Education: A Bachelor's or a higher academic degree is preferred in a Business-related field (Finance, Economics, and/or Accounting).
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 12, 2021, 6:02:35 PM