American Express is committed to protecting and enhancing its brand and reputation through an intense focus on customer service and ethical business conduct.
Compliance plays a critical role in protecting the company, its brand and its employees through practical, solution-focused guidance on regulatory and ethics-related matters.
Compliance maintains and continually enhances a comprehensive and highly effective compliance program across the company.
Compliance strives to be a valued partner to our businesses while building a reputation of credibility and effectiveness with regulators.
In our Compliance department in France, we are looking for a Compliance analyst.
The compliance analyst role provides compliance advice & support to the business on a range of compliance related activities including conducting compliance monitoring & testing, reporting (including anti-money laundering (AML), reporting & investigation, training, development of policies & procedures, risk assessments & mitigation, complaint management, and compliance communications.
Your key tasks and responsibilities are to assist in the following activities:
- Assist the AML Senior Manager in the team coordination, ensuring a prompt escalation of potential issues
- Assist the AML Senior Manager in the regulatory assessment and in the identification of the new requirements applicable in the Amex environment;
- onitoring of client’s transactions and reporting
- Carry out specific tests and controls aimed at verifying the effectiveness and robustness of the AML Framework implemented at local level to prevent of the risks of money laundering
- Advice the Business in AML related matters that could impact the day-by-day activities;
- Assessment of customers identified as “Politically Exposed Person – PEP” or clients for which it has been outlined the need to perform further verifications from an Anti Money Laundering (AML) standpoint;
- To support Business in terms of KYC process
- Perform testing activities the due diligence on new Clients, requesting the KYC information and documentation and making an analytical risk assessment for new accounts
- Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the testing and monitoring activities for an audience that includes Management, Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance
- Regularly evaluate existing accounts according to established policies and procedures
- Periodical review of KYC records as to completeness including verifying that due diligence has been performed and that due diligence standards are complied with; also, that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date
- Alerts handling in internal Compliance systems (GAITS, Cadence, etc)
- Participation in Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption process
- Participation in policies and procedures development and regular update
- Responsible for a good understanding of Compliance regulations, policies and procedures.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Combining good interpersonal skills with strong research and analytical skills
- A background which is a solid basis for a career as compliance professional, preferably based on a legal or economic education and compliance experience
- Previous experience in the role in Financial Institutions/Banks/ Financial Services Consultant Firms will be considered a plus
- Previous experience in coordinating team members is a plus
- Proven knowledge of the French regulatory environment, specifically on AML/CFT.
- Able to assimilate the requirements of the role quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (French and English)
- Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and to liaise with other departments
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 8:53:38 AM