Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
We are looking for an established and forward-thinking Senior Engineer to join our BIP(Buyer Initiated Payments) and SCS product engineering team within Supplier Payments in American Express, Burgess Hill.
This role will involve working closely with product partners, scrum teams and leadership, to drive technical and quality standards across our products. Making use of high-level technical skills and leading our approach to technical challenges and the product vision.
Your role will involve using various Technologies and Frameworks; developing Java/Kotlin-based Spring Boot microservices, React-based front-end components, and more. A broad technical knowledge will enable you to guide decisions and develop others.
- Empower teams to produce clean, tested and monitored scalable code
- Work with Product team to prioritise features for ongoing sprints, and support refinement
- Lead code reviews and automated testing throughout the release pipeline
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Communicate and drive the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Knowledge of Spring boot, Kotlin, Vert.x, Microservice architecture and Kafka.
- Experience with event-based systems.
- Experience with Functional Programming practices.
- Front end web development skills such as React and MaterialUI.
- Experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. ElasticSearch, Kibana etc.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs.
- Experience establishing CI/CD pipelines and managing build tools such as Maven, Gradle, npm, Docker and Jenkins.
- Broad software development experience across a full technical stack.
- Proven experience leading Engineers as part of software development.
- Hands-on expertise driving application design, software development and automated testing.
- Experience developing Cloud-based distributed (multi-tiered) systems with suitable database technologies.
- Experience working in agile teams, preferably some exposure to SAFe.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills across all cultures and band levels, and enthusiastic about keeping up to date with new technologies.
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 3:51:04 AM