You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Digital Workplace Site Services is in the process of expanding our automation capabilities with a specific goal to attack repetitive tasks and optimize access to information to ensure our servicing engineers have the information they need at their fingertips. This is an exciting time to be part of a team working on innovative technologies while ensuring reuse of existing enterprise capabilities. Your focus will be taking your place on a high performing team, learning new technologies, and delivering great results.
- Functioning as member of an Agile team contributing to software builds through consistent development practices
- Analyzing business features and user stories and refining with the team to appropriately support design and build activities.
- Working with Product Owners to prioritize features and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Supporting integration and performance tests and providing demo of results to technical and product partners
- Participate on peer code reviews, making deliberate short- and long-term design decisions and keeping constant focus on clearing technical debt items in the backlog
- Enabling the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- More than 70%+ of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation of re-usable frameworks to drive down incidents and improve overall efficiencies within the Digital Workplace servicing organization
- Actively participate and influence others to be active in team discussions
- Actively participate in the deployment of a production-level Automation platform.
- Actively participate in team and company-wide Automation Engineering discussions and forums
- Demonstrate self-reliance to support and achieve team goals
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
High performing behaviors:
- Be a productivity multiplier across multiple teams by analyzing your workflow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Influence team members with creative solutions and improvements by challenging the status quo
- Solves technical problems outside of day-to-day responsibilities
- Contributes to the success of many teams achieving their goals
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with Spring Boot, micro-services, relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell or Bash
- Demonstrated experience of writing applications for deployment on cloud environments including OpenShift and Docker containers with a full understanding of CI/CD
- Demonstrated experience with AI, ML and Robotic Process Automation
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages and proven ability to understand and use complex data structures and associated components
- Demonstrated experience with RESTful API design and implementations
- Desirable to have experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. Splunk and App Dynamics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2021, 5:07:49 PM