“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, we are building a new cross functional agile team to deliver best-in-class servicing platform for our customers using modern open source technology operating in the cloud. Team members utilize today’s best engineering practices and techniques to build and ship software in small batches to continuously deliver incremental value.
Located in Sunrise, Florida, American Express has a fresh, fun, collaborative, and creative environment in the new regional headquarters campus— a rare find in South Florida
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing excellent code on the platform and services that power American Express global servicing team.
- Contributing to key architectural decisions.
- Collaborating with architects, product owners, delivery managers, developers and other scrum teams to deliver a quality product.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Mentoring other engineers and actively pair-programming with teammates for collective code ownership.
- Evangelize engineering best practices and techniques throughout the engineering organization.
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating calculated risk taking.
- Transform our systems to the next level platforms.
What You'll Need
- Extensive experience of object oriented design, full stack web development and building REST APIs in Java, Java Script or Python, Java is preferred.
- Experience delivering advanced solutions for a high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed web application.
- Experience with various architectures: Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Cloud Native and Event Driven Architecture.
- Strong proficiency in building component-based applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Vue, or Angular. React experience is a bonus.
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with testing: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation.
- Worked in a large matrixed organization.
- Business Product Knowledge - Working knowledge of the finance and credit lending industry.
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your fellow engineers.
- Strong sense of extreme ownership and a big proponent of DevOps culture.
- Experience with messaging and streaming technology.
- Prior experience leading high performing agile development team.
- Experience with Java based service frameworks.
- Exposure to Financial Services and Banking concepts.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2021, 2:53:04 PM