You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Business Financing and supplier payments (BFSP) is one of the growing lending portfolio for American Express. The FX International Payments (FXIP) is a fast growing B2B cross border payments product within BFSP.FXIP is a high growth business with key objectives of enhancing value to Commercial customers while driving revenue and profitability growth. This is a critical role responsible for executing Risk Management strategies for FXIP in particular and also for other lending products under BFSP. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of FX Risk while also have having good back-ground in Credit & Fraud Risk. The BFSP Risk Management Team works in closed partnership with other teams including Product Management, Compliance, Sales and Marketing. The Risk Manager is expected to create highly collaborative partnerships with these business units.
- Manage the credit risk strategy for FXIP and other BFSP lending products, which includes targeting, underwriting, capacity, loan terms, and future product enhancements; ensuring we are driving business growth while managing credit losses
- Review and improve risk management policies for this product, appropriately strengthening risk processes as the portfolio continues to grow to maintain healthy credit performance
- Monitor and analyze portfolio performance and maintain an external lens to inform risk management and business strategies
- Build and deploy the next generation of risk management tools and capabilities to deliver industry-leading credit quality and to enable accelerated profitable growth
- Work with business partners to enhance value proposition, improve customer experience, and strengthen regulatory and compliance alignment
- Perform in depth data analysis and reporting on all aspects of FX portfolio such as Credit Risk, Client Monitoring, Concentration Risk, Portfolio analytics and Market Risk Management.
- Perform deep dives into credit and fraud losses and recommend strategies for loss prevention and growth optimization
- Drive in-depth analytics and collaborate with the Decision Science team to enhance economic logic that supports core risk management decisions
- Credit risk management experience with an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end credit lifecycle, credit metrics and processes, and P&L drivers of small businesses
- Demonstrated analytical skills and a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Intellectual curiosity, adaptability in a dynamic environment, and ability to reinvent processes and infrastructure
- Effective collaboration skills to bring others along, high energy, and a proven team-first mentality
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, management and influencing skills. Ability to manage multiple partners internal and external
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, SQL, Python, and experience in translating data insights to strategies
- Experience with managing Credit and Fraud risk for FX related products is preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 1:45:01 PM