You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Technology Risk and Information Security Business Leadership is looking for a highly engaged and motivated Information Security Analyst to play a critical role in delivering significant positive impact on the overall Technology and Information Security risk posture of American Express and its legal entities.
This position will have the opportunity to engage with technology teams, technology and business leaders, and control domain owners to enable risk-reduction through clear and candid communication, early engagement in new products and projects, regulatory engagement, information security and technology risk consultation.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring data sources that contain technology risk related information, digesting the data and customize it to reflect the appropriate audience, drawing conclusions about the risks identified in the data as well as building recommendations and prioritization, and communicating the potential risks identified to the appropriate stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of materials (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) on information security to help develop scenarios, response procedures, and to enable informed decision-making; verify completeness, accuracy and relevance of data captured
- Engaging with technology stakeholders and business partners to understand key risks associated with initiatives that may expose the enterprise to technology risk and advising on solutions in partnership with domain subject matter experts where appropriate
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across Technology, Operational Risk, Internal Audit, Global Banking and franchise teams, working closely with senior leaders and their representatives to ensure appropriate risk management, mitigation and/or elimination while maintaining client support.
- 3+ years of experience in Information Security and/or Technology Risk Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related specialism preferred
- Security or technology risk related certifications (CISM, CISSP, CRISC, etc.) preferred but not required
- Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills
- Proven problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure
- Advanced MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable tasks
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- Fast learner who proactively works with minimal direction
- Solution-oriented and have a collaborative approach to overcoming barriers
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with proven ability influence without authority across departmental and geographic boundaries
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion, and judgment
- Shows personal determination and resilience; is optimistic in changing circumstances
- Continually seeks and learns from feedback
- Is clear when explaining ideas and concepts to others - communication is structured, compelling, and impactful, and builds a credible impression
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 6:53:11 PM