You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for bringing Powerful Backing of American Express to life across colleague communication channels, company owned channels and media in a way that drives meaningful connections and engagement with our colleagues, customers and prospects. Reporting to VP, Corporate Affairs & Communications, the role is focused on leading the company-wide colleague communication strategy and external communications for supporting our merchant and network businesses.
Principal duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop the company wide colleague communication strategies and communicate important management decisions & company strategies to colleagues based in Japan
- Draft colleague communications and create still & video content for our Intranet site
- Produce and facilitate colleague events – virtual and physical events
- Manage colleague communication channels, including email updates, intranet, Slack and internal communication video content platform
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify unique colleague stories and develop engaging content
- Lead external PR effort to support our merchant & network business
- Be responsible for updating a portion of company website to raise a reputation of American Express as a great employer
- Raise awareness of our enterprise narratives externally and identify opportunities to tell the company’s enterprise narratives at speaking engagements or media
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Be highly experienced in leading and developing holistic communication strategies. Experience in managing colleague communication at a large organisation is preferable but not mandatory
- Experience with working in communication agency or editorial organisation is a plus
- Have a strong editorial mindset and be natural storyteller and excellent ability to develop narratives and messages
- Must be bilingual and be comfortably write colleague communications both in Japanese and English
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills, Japanese (native level) and English (business level). Be able to see the world around in global context. International experience is a plus
- Be creative and strategic problem solver, a self-starter and have proven track-records to drive tangible communication results backed up with data & analysis
- Be comfortably pitch stories to publishers and media outlets
- Have to be proactive, flexible and have excellent interpersonal and relationship skill. Must have ability to influence others and be comfortable in communicating at all levels
- Requires maturity to handle highly sensitive and in many cases confidential company information as well as managing multiple stakeholders
- Able to manage and respond quickly to multiple priorities while driving results and delivery against deadlines. Be calm under pressure
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 2:42:37 AM