You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Functions as senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices w.r.t. tools, common components, and documentation
- Spends significant amount of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews & testing
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative and disruptive technologies – follows GCRTP principles
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database
- Computer Science or equivalent degree with minimum of 8+ years of work experience developing large scale applications
- Hands on development experience of large scale application development and workflows using BPM software like PEGA or any other equivalent
- Experience in using NOSQL databases and distributed messaging systems like Kafka.etc
- Experience in development of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines using Jenkins or any equivalent
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interpret the business needs from the Product Owners
- Able to learn new technologies and able to guide team to perform POCs using the new tech stack
- Have knowledge of Machine learning and also able to identify the ML use cases within business domain.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment..
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 7:35:55 AM