Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Pocket Concierge, a premier restaurant booking platform in Japan, is seeking an experienced Head of Sales. This role will oversee our sales and account management teams, managing relationships with some of the best restaurants in Japan, to bring quality supply to our users and platform.
Our next Head of Sales should be excited about strategizing next steps to scale our acquisition activities, re-engineering our entire sales process for efficiency and efficacy, and for opportunities to bring new products and strategies to the market. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in driving acquisition strategies and operationalizing sales activities, with experience managing sales teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Develop the sales strategies to acquire restaurants and seat inventory for Pocket Concierge, as well as to launch strategic products
• Manage the sales and account management teams, and shape the entire sales vertical for maximum efficiency in operations
• Collaborate with other internal teams such as marketing and products to develop business strategies that deliver value to restaurants and users
• Lead and manage internal communication strategies with Resy Global and American Express Japan to increase strategic alignment and colleague engagement across local and global teams.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• 5+ years of experience and leadership in sales roles, direct sales experience especially in dining / B2B services preferable
• Strong communicator (written + verbal) in English and Japanese
• Proven ability to operate autonomously and create structure
• Ability to synthesize data to identify opportunities and shape strategy
• Proven track record in building up new product and sales strategies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 9:04:17 PM