The Manager, Business Planning and Financial Analysis, is an integral part of the core team providing support in flawlessly managing the Office of the Chief Risk Officer, Global Risk and Compliance (GRC). This role will report into the Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy, with responsibilities across four broad themes; Business Planning, Project Management, Logistics & Administration and Strategy support. The position provides a truly unique opportunity for an individual looking to expand their knowledge of AXP and AENB’s Risk and Compliance organization. The incumbent will see up close how our leaders drive the business forward at a critical time for the organization and see first-hand how strategy is set and executed globally.
- Conduct needs of the office- assist the President’s office in setting the agenda and prioritizing both the tactical and strategic requirements of the office.
- Bi Weekly Staff Meeting- developing meeting objectives, setting the agenda and generating and organizing content. Work with guest speakers and across teams to independently gather and assemble information to ensure meetings are efficient and effective.
- Manage key processes in collaboration with Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C), Colleague Experience Group (CEG) and other partners, manage a number of cyclical processes relating to Colleague Experience Survey (CES), reward and recognition, year-end processes, newsletter creation, etc.
- Content creation- development of, and/or contribution to, visually robust and high-quality presentations for key internal and external audiences (executive Board meetings, Town Halls, etc.)
- Data Analysis and Presentation- use strong analytical thinking and ability to translate data into insights and the ability to communicate clear and concisely.
- Project management- identify and/or manage a number of ad hoc projects or process improvements focused on organizational strategy and effectiveness relating to the Exec Office or the wider organization.
- Senior Leadership Team meetings (SLT) and Summits- ensure successful SLTs and summits by aligning the agenda and objectives to the business strategy, then support logistics planning to bring the event to life.
- Goal Setting - support the President’s office in setting goals in support of the strategy, involving codifying and communicating them with partner groups.
Logistics and Administration
- Build strong relationships with other Exec Offices to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Be an “Information Guardian”- keep up to date version of distribution lists, organization charts and other documents. Effectively champion and monitor the use of the shared drive, thus helping to drive effective communication and information sharing across the teams.
- Superior organizational skills- able to plan, multi-task and prioritize to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail- focused on the accuracy and quality of deliverables.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills- Ability to understanding and balance the needs of stakeholders and influence at all levels of the company to drive results.
- Analytical - Ability to distil internal and external data into simple messages/insight
- Discretion and confidentiality- required to handle sensitive organizational issues with high integrity.
- Proactive Self-starter- motivated and able to act autonomously without direction.
Additional Preferred Attributes:
- Adaptability - the job requires an exceptionally strong work ethic and the ability to adapt and change working patterns in line with changing priorities, whilst remaining calm and composed.
- Learning agility - the incumbent will need to frequently absorb vast amounts of unstructured and unfamiliar information and draw out the salient points- a comfort with drawing clarity from ambiguity is required.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2021, 12:27:58 PM