Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Positions in Risk Management lead the development of credit, operational, enterprise, and fraud policies designed to profitably grow the portfolio, while ensuring excellent customer experience. These policies utilize mathematical models and other techniques to understand and predict customer behavior. At the analyst level, the employee is beginning to develop expertise in the field. Receives general instruction on moderately complex problems and issues.
The incumbent will be responsible for assessing credit risk throughout the lifecycle of American Express’ consumer credit products in the Japan market. The Japan roles offer tremendous opportunity to drive real, tangible outcomes for American Express and also offers exposure to senior leaders within the market and across international.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Analyze risk strategies and initiatives to profitably grow billed business, while controlling net loss provision and improving customer satisfaction.
- Have a deep understanding of Amercian Express credit risk processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and research across various risk processes.
- Closely monitor key metrics of the credit performance to diagnose performance of credit strategies.
- Effectively interact and collaborate with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience performing complex data analysis.
- Track record of results with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
- Flexible mindset and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently with a strong attention to details. Comfortable with a dynamic, fast changing environment.
- Work experience with statistical programming language e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python required.
- Proficiency in Japanese a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2021, 3:32:47 AM