American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) has a stated ambition to become the leading payments and working capital provider for Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) customers globally. This includes ensuring each customer has access to business-sized purchase capacity, flexible payment options, meaningful rewards and the powerful backing of American Express. The US Card Lending Team supports this objective by developing compelling products, services and customer engagement strategies to meet small business owners’ evolving buying and paying needs.
We are hiring a Manager or Senior Manager of Product Management. This candidate will help to ensure the ongoing health of our Proprietary Lending card portfolio and develop strategies to increase lending engagement across the entire GCS credit card portfolio. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Grow Billings and Average Daily Balances at the right margins through targeted engagement offers
- Work with Product, Marketing and Risk partners to develop new and innovative growth strategies informed by customer needs and analytics
- Manage existing tried and true lending features and treatments (e.g., line increase, promotional pricing, enhanced buying power) to continue driving lending engagement through compelling treatments, simplified processes and improved customer experiences.
- Understand treatment effectiveness and overall profitability of new and existing strategies and make enhancements as needed
- Partner closely with and influence key functional and execution teams, including Product Management, Marketing, Risk, Finance, Technologies, GCO, Compliance, Enterprise Digital and Operations.
The candidate should have a proven history in product management, a customer-centric approach to design, knowledge of the small business segment, and a fluency in Lending economics and P&L management. Success will require a collaborative leader with the ability to work in a fast paced environment leading multiple funded initiatives.
- Strong customer orientation and proven experience translating customer insights into action
- Proficiency in card economics, lending pricing and profitability dynamics
- Strong relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in ability to engage and collaborate with business partners and leaders
- Creative thinker with the ability to frame forward-thinking strategies rooted in data and action-oriented recommendations
- Prior small business experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 3:07:30 PM