American Express is committed to protecting and enhancing its brand and reputation through an intense focus on customer service and ethical business conduct.
Compliance plays a critical role in protecting the company, its brand and its employees through practical, solution-focused guidance on regulatory and ethics-related matters.
Compliance maintains and continually enhances a comprehensive and highly effective compliance risk management program across the company.
Compliance strives to be a valued partner to its businesses while building a reputation of credibility and effectiveness with regulators.
In our Compliance department in France, we are looking for a Compliance Manager to join the dynamic and friendly team of compliance professionals.
- Be the go-to lead for the Business, acting independently and making decisions representing the France compliance team during interactions with Business partners.
- Interact with legal, compliance and operations colleagues to execute on elements of the compliance risk management program and ensure that day to day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Analyze processes in order to evaluate compliance risks and strengthen the control environment.
- Oversee the compliance issue management process to ensure timely closure of issues and control breakdowns.
- Ensure implementation of policy and regulatory requirements in the areas of AML/CTF, Sanctions, Anti-corruption, Data Protection and other relevant global and local regulations across merchant acquisition, governance & oversight, marketing and product development activities.
- Provide timely advice to the Business on AML/CTF-related matters that could impact the day-by-day activities;
- Assist the MCO in the regulatory assessment of and in the identification of the new requirements applicable to merchant acquiring.
- Review planned new and/or enhanced products and services as part of the New Product Approval process to assess compliance risks and ensure adherence with regulatory requirements. Provide expert compliance guidance and support when the Business is developing new acquisition models and launching new products, including disclosures for marketing and other acquisition materials.Support the development of customised training and communication plans to meet legal entity needs;
- Assist in the development of the risk assessment related to relevant laws, regulations, standards policies;
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and internal policy requirements;
- Support the MCO in the proper management of the information flows towards colleagues and Senior Management.
- Collaborate with Business and GCO in reviewing new partner and existing vendor services prior to contractual engagement, including any modification with respect to the on-boarding due diligence required, services performed or change in product and/or services as needed.
- Assist in development and enhancement of business self-testing associated with merchant acquisition and outsourced regulatory activities.
- At least 7 years’ experience in regulatory compliance field, in banks/financial institutions;
- University degree (Law/Economics degree);
- Proven knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the payments industry, global financial crimes compliance, consumer protection and privacy, which include, but are not limited to: European Money Laundering Regulations, Anti-Corruption & Bribery laws, General Data Protection Regulations, European Payment Services Directive and Interchange Fee Regulations.
- Ability to identify and understand key risks, issues and trends, and to develop meaningful information to be shared with leadership on how to manage risks and maintain a robust control environment.
- Proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and exercise authority appropriately in a collaborative environment.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with colleagues at various levels
- Self-motivated, energetic team player with proven ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure constant project monitoring and execution;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent leadership and negotiating skills, personal excellence and accountability to drive winning solutions;
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a highly deadline-intensive environment
- Excellent knowledge of English language, spoken and written.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 8:55:19 AM